1 pack Otafuku Takoyaki Powder 150g
2 pcs eggs
150 ml water
1 tsp oil for each Takoyaki pan hole
1 cup Tenkasu (tempura bits)
10g green onion (chopped)
1 cup Ozaki Japanese Beni Shoga Pickled Red Ginger
160 g octopus, boiled and chopped
2 chop or barbecue sticks
Otafuku Takoyaki Sauce
Ozaki Japanese Mayonnaise
Yamato Japanese Bonito Flake Katusuboshi Standard
1. Place Otafuku Takoyaki Powder, Eggs and Water in a bowl and mix well until you achieve a batter. Tip: Use a squeeze bottle to better control the pour of batter.
2. Heat a Takoyaki pan to 200℃. Add oil to each hole.
3. Fill each hole halfway with batter, then add tenkasu, Ozaki Japanese Beni Shoga Pickled Red Ginger, and octopus.
4. Top the holes with batter, enough to cover the ingredients.
5. Let sit/fry for about 2 mins. Poke the outside of the bowls and flip over using the sticks.
6. Keep rotating the balls for about 4 mins, until golden brown.
7. Plate the balls. Drizzle about 1 tbsp each of Ozaki Japanese Mayonnaise and Otafuku Takoyaki Sauce.
Finish with about a handful of Yamato Japanese Bonito Flake Katusuboshi Standard on top. Tip: Feel free to add green seaweed as you like.